The Master of Divinity Program prepares the student for pastoral ministry, missions, chaplaincy, and other church-related vocations. The M. Div. program may be completed in three years.
Applicants who wish to apply to the program must be:
- A committed, born-again Christian
- A mature and healthy Christian in both mind and spirit
- Missionary minded
- A member of an evangelical Protestant church
- A college/university graduate or holding the Bachelor of Theology or its equivalent
*Those who have already graduated from the Master of Christian Education program or the Master of Ministry program need to meet the remaining semester hours of study.
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be awarded the M. Div. degree:
- Complete 92 credit hours of courses
- Write a thesis in the student’s specialized field (6 credit hours)
- Complete the prescribed curriculum with a C+ average or above
- Demonstrate spiritual fitness for Christian ministry through contribution in Bible studies; active participation in local churches; and personal conduct and deportment within the student body and Christian society.
- Have met all financial obligations before the time of graduation
The Master of Divinity program is designed to promote students’ growth towards personal maturity and professional ministry competence. The objectives of the program are accomplished through classroom instruction, the modeling of professors, a practice of ministry through the Practical Missions activities, chapel services, and student organizations. The completion of an essay on a concerned field of study may be required.