Transfer the Credits from Previous Institute
- Transfer credits are generally accepted at the discretion of the accepting institution. Accepting credits and how many credits are transferable depends upon the policy of each institution. WMCGW’s policy regarding the credit transfer is as follows:
- The credit transfer review will be made under the supervision of the school Director. Students must submit the transfer credit application within their first semester at WMCGW.
- Credit transfer is considered only within last 10 years of credit hours.
- Credit transfers may be allowed for the courses that are equivalent to the courses in WMCGW programs and in which students have made a letter grade of 2.3 (C+) or above for undergraduate courses and 2.7 (B-) or above for graduate courses. Credits may also be accepted if the courses previously taken are judged to be comparable to the courses offered by WMCGW. No credit transfer may be finalized until the application process is completed and the student is officially accepted.
- If the originating institution is not accredited, its credits will not be accepted.
- In case of credit transfer from an unaccredited institution, the Registrar, in consultation with the school director, evaluates the transcript under the guidelines established by the Academic Committee. The decision as to what previous academic work may be transferable into programs at WMCGW will be determined on a case-by-case basis. Factored into the analysis will be a course-by-course analysis of the previous academic work and an examination of the academic catalog of the institution (including faculty qualifications) and the student’s performance in these courses.
- Up to 50% of credits completed in accredited schools will be transferred and applied toward the bachelor level degrees at WMCGW, provided the grade is 2.3 (C+) or above. Up to 50% of credits will be allowed to transfer for the master level, provided the grade is 2.7 (B-) or above, yet it cannot exceed 50% of the total credit hours of undergraduate and graduate program. A student must take at least three semesters of classes (minimum 36 credits) at WMCGW in order to receive a degree or certificate. Courses can be transferred only if they have been taken within ten years of enrollment at WMCGW and other schools.
In the event, WMCGW chooses not to accept transfer credits from another institution, students may request a re-consideration of the decision.